Saturday, July 6, 2013

Elf Studio matte lipstick- Praline Review & swatches

  • Elf Studio Matte Lipcolor "Praline"
The Least liked purchased item so far and the most decisive color as as shown on the websites and blogs! Outta all the 4 shades, I thought Praline was the most attractive one, and gave me the feeling that- it's gonna suit me the best! More over, it caught my eye as it looked the least chalky among the other colors like- tea rose, coral and natural!
  • How it was shown in the official website of Elf:
  • Actually Praline's Image-
  •  Packaging- It came in a tube, which is pen type and comes within a packet type packaging, with its color shown on it. I think it looks great how it's packed in a stylish way and I did not still get it that- it could deceive in such way!

  • How it looks-

  • Swatches- Here's with n without flash swatch on my hand!
 Without flash,
 Indoor(daylight)

With Flash -


  •  Color- To me, it seems more like neutral color and it's actually mocha type color on your hands! But when I applied on my lips- It was a WAY TOO bad experience for me, as I wasn't just expecting this result! It turned my lips looking dark..and non even natural looking dark..it was sort of frosty mochaness on my lips. I'm fair (asian type) and I have pinkish lips..where it didn't suit well at all!So, its not a nice color on my lips atleast!
  • Review- Praline on my lips, 
Outdoor
Indoor
 Flash



  • After application- It has a sweet taste like candy! Datz the only part i could like! It's smooth, g;ides easily but no glossy feeling when worn.. It has high pigment, yet feels very light! Which is a good factor about it! But this is not suitable for wearing on the tiring days,It's may be for that days, when you don't want to put any color on your lips..and want to wear a neutral shade. Perhaps, it's not for fair skin people, who don't enjoy dull and dim colros on their lips, I honestly felt- my own lipcolor makes me look better than this! After applying it, i really turned sad! & obviously NO Repeat purchase!
  • Full-face review just t o show how it didn't look good on me-
 
 
I tried a lot to look happy with it, but at best it could give me this much- 
 
 
So, Undoubtedly, I'm not keeping it in my collection.. Just handed it over to my mom as she likes these natural shades and I simply don't think it would ever be my repeat purchase, not even as a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment